The Lakeshore Art Festival will be held on June 29 & 30, 2024. The festival features a unique blend of fine art, handcrafted goods, music, food, and fun in beautiful Downtown Muskegon, Michigan. With over 250 juried fine art and craft exhibitors, a Children’s Lane, artisan food market, street performers, and multiple interactive art stations, there is something for everyone!
As Part of Lakeshore Art Festival, we are excited to announce the tenth annual Children’s Lane, Step Into Art! The Children’s Lane will contain a variety of vendors and take-home activities that focus specifically on children and families. The area will feature free or low-cost family-friendly, kid-centered arts, crafts, education and more. Additionally, the event will focus on engaging children (and families) in a healthy way, to educate them on positive living, and to include elements of creativity, good eating habits, and staying active.
We are currently seeking organizations that are interested in participating in this event. Below you will find a summary of ways to get involved along with a form to identify your level of interest.
An activity participant will be involved in developing an artistic activity at Children’s Lane which will be pre-approved by the Lakeshore Art Festival Advisory Committee. Ideally, the activity will be free to children. For example, a non-profit entity could provide an activity, educational information or demonstration that provides a specific benefit and positive impact for children and/or families. If a fee is needed to cover the cost of the activity the fee must be minimal and approved by a Children’s Lane coordinator. Artistic activities such as painting, collage, jewelry making, building/construction, fashion, photography, art, education, theater, and music. Other ideas include, face painting, hair braiding, woodcraft, healthy eating education, gardening lessons, kids’ safety, etc.
Our goal is to offer as many artful activities as we can at no cost to the participating attendees. The only way we can do this is with generous support from sponsors. Please take a moment to consider supporting this community wide, family-friendly event.
- Deadline for application is April 1, 2024. After this date, the participant will be put on a wait list and may be accepted or denied pending space availability.
- Participants with applications submitted by April 1, 2024 will receive final approval by Lakeshore Art Festival by April 15, 2024. Once approved, participant agrees to pay the fee agreed upon and listed within this document by April 30, 2024
- Participant shall indemnify and hold harmless the Lakeshore Art Festival, the City of Muskegon, its agents, employees and contractors, against any and all costs and liabilities of every kind without limitation arising from use or occupancy of the space.
- Participant shall comply with all rules and regulations of the Lakeshore Art Festival, which govern the event.
- The Lakeshore Art Festival reserves the right to review and pre-approve all Participant exhibitions and deny or limit the participation or any Participant.
- Event hours are Saturday, June 29, 2024 & Sunday, June 30, 2024 times TBD. Participant must be present for BOTH days and is responsible for set up and take down. Set up will be June 28 (times TBD), and June 29 (times TBD). Participant agrees to staff their booth area during event hours and will begin booth/exhibit tear down only AFTER the event hours.
- No refunds will be given for cancellation by participant, or severe weather.
- This contract contains the entire agreement of the parties and may not be altered or modified in any way unless duly endorsed in writing hereon.
- Participant shall maintain appropriate business liability insurance that includes Lakeshore Art Festival.
- SPACE IS LIMITED. Requests for space will be accepted based on type of activity, costs to guests and uniqueness of activity.
- Event will be outside in a 10×10 space, unless otherwise discussed. Participant is responsible for their own tenting, tables, and chairs. There will be no rain location and/or rain date. In the event of severe weather, the event may be cancelled.
- Participant grants Lakeshore Art Festival the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of me, or in which I may be included, for advertising and any other purpose, and in any manner and medium; and to alter the same without restriction.