The Lakeshore Art Festival will be held on June 26 & 27, 2021. The festival features a unique blend of fine art, handcrafted goods, music, food, and fun in beautiful Downtown Muskegon, Michigan. With over 350 juried fine art and specialty craft exhibitors, a Children’s Lane, artisan food market, street performers, and multiple interactive art stations, there is something for everyone!
As Part of Lakeshore Art Festival, we are excited to announce the eighth annual Children’s Lane, Step Into Art! The Children’s Lane will contain a variety of vendors and take-home activities that focus specifically on children and families. The area will feature free or low-cost family-friendly, kid-centered arts, crafts, education and more. Additionally, the event will focus on engaging children (and families) in a healthy way, to educate them on positive living and to include elements of creativity, good eating habits, and staying active.
We are currently seeking organizations that are interested in participating in this event. Below you will find a summary of ways to get involved along with a form to identify your level of interest. Due to the nature of the current concerns with community health during this pandemic we would like to offer opportunities for activities as take-home projects for children and their parents.
Examples of activities/crafts/demonstrations could include:
Artistic take home activities such as painting, collage, jewelry making, building/construction, fashion, photography, art, education, theater, and music. Other ideas include, face painting, hair braiding, woodcraft, healthy eating education, gardening lessons, kids’ safety, etc.
An activity participant will be involved in developing an activity at Children’s Lane which will be pre-approved by the Lakeshore Art Festival Advisory Committee. Ideally the activity will be free to children. For example, a non-profit entity could provide an activity, educational information or demonstration that provides a specific benefit and positive impact for children and/or families. If a fee is needed to cover the cost of the activity the fee must be minimal and approved by a Children’s Lane coordinator.
Our goal is to offer as many artful activities as we can at no cost to the participating attendees. The only way we can do this is with generous support from sponsors. Please take a moment to consider supporting this community wide, family-friendly event during these unprecedented times.
- Deadline for application is April 1, 2021. After this date, the participant will be put on a wait list and may be accepted or denied pending space availability.
- Participants with applications submitted by April 1, 2021will receive final approval by Lakeshore Art Festival by April 15, 2021. Once approved, participant agrees to pay the fee agreed upon and listed within this document by April 30, 2021.
- Participant shall indemnify and hold harmless the Lakeshore Art Festival, the City of Muskegon, its agents, employees and contractors, against any and all costs and liabilities of every kind without limitation arising from use or occupancy of the space.
- Participant shall comply with all rules and regulations of the Lakeshore Art Festival, which govern the event. In the event of a cancellation due to COVID-19 deposits are non-refundable and funds will go towards take home activities curated by Lakeshore Art Festival Children’s Lane.
- The Lakeshore Art Festival reserves the right to review and pre-approve all Participant exhibitions and deny or limit the participation or any Participant.
- Event hours are June 26, 10am-6pm and June 27, 10am-3pm. Participant must be present for BOTH days and is responsible for set up and take down.Set up will be June 26, 6am-9am. Participant agrees to staff their booth area during event hours and will begin booth/exhibit tear down only AFTER the event hours.
- No refunds will be given for cancellation by participant, by severe weather or COVID-19 related cancellations.
- This contract contains the entire agreement of the parties and may not be altered or modified in any way unless duly endorsed in writing hereon.
- Participant shall maintain appropriate business liability insurance that includes Lakeshore Art Festival.
- SPACE IS LIMITED. Requests for space will be accepted based on type of activity, costs to guests and uniqueness of activity.
- Event will be outside in a 12×12 space unless otherwise discussed. Participant is responsible for their own tenting, tables, chairs and hand sanitizer. There will be no rain location. in the event of severe weather, the event may be cancelled.
- Photos, testimonials or other material to support your activity/idea is greatly appreciated but will not be returned.
- Participant grants Lakeshore Art Festival the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of me, or in which I may be included, for advertising and any other purpose, and in any manner and medium; and to alter the same without restriction.