Welcome, Fine Art / Fine Craft Exhibitors!
Please Note: The show will be happening rain or shine. There are no rain dates or refunds for inclement weather. Be sure to bring good weights for your tents, and secure the sides in the evening. Thank you!
- Saturday, June 25, 2022 from 9am to 6pm
- Sunday, June 26, 2022 from 9am to 4pm
- Fine Art/Fine Craft exhibitors will be located in Downtown Muskegon at Hackley Park.
- Safety measures will be in place to assure our volunteers, exhibitors and guests have a fun and healthy experience. LAF Safety Protocol will follow the most recent CDC/MDHHS guidelines.
Registration and Set Up:
- Set up will begin on Friday, June 24 from 2pm – 8pm and Saturday, June 25 from 6am – 8:30am. We ask that you NOT set up before 2pm on Friday, June 24. There will not be anyone to assist you before 2pm.
- DO NOT SET UP YOUR BOOTH BEFORE YOU REGISTER at the Information Booth in the park, on the corner of 3rd Street and Clay Avenue. You will be given a packet that contains your booth space permit, your vehicle identification card and other important event information.
- Tent stakes cannot be used in the park, as they cause damage to the underground sprinkler system. Please use bricks or other weights to secure your tents and displays.
- Security will be on site overnight Friday, June 24 and Saturday, June 25.
- Booth sitters are available. You may sign up for a specific time at the Information Booth.
- We are requesting that each booth provide their own hand sanitizer for guests.
- Please unload and move your vehicle as soon as possible, so that others may unload.
- No vehicles are allowed on the park grounds, terraces, walkways, etc.
- Click HERE to view the artist directory and find your booth space number.
- Click HERE to view a full map of the festival layout. Scroll down to see the layout for the Fine Art section.
- Each exhibitor display space will be at least 10’x10’. Suggested tent size is 10’x10’.
- You may not share your booth with another exhibitor.
- You will be give a booth number at registration. Please place your booth number sign in a highly visible area on your exhibitor booth.
Buy and Sell Products – NOT PERMITTED
- No products or services other than what is listed on your application will be allowed in your booth.
- If unapproved, non-handcrafted items are displayed, we will ask that they be removed. If you fail to remove unapproved products, you will be asked to leave the show immediately.
- If you see another exhibitor that you believe to have buy and sell products in their booth, please let a Lakeshore Art Festival director know immediately. We will be able to handle the situation as soon as we know about it.
- Exhibitors will receive a vehicle identification card at registration. This MUST be displayed in your vehicle during loading/unloading, or your car may be towed. Please note that this is NOT a parking pass. This is an identification card to let our staff know that you are an exhibitor when loading/unloading.
- There is absolutely no parking in any posted “No Parking” zone or areas that have been designated as “Road Closed.” Your car will be towed.
- There is NO parking around the park on Clay, Webster, 3rd and 4th during the show. That is reserved for guest loading/unloading and handicapped.
- We recommend that you park in the lot on Morris Avenue, as designated in this map. THIS IS THE ONLY PARKING LOT THAT THE LAKESHORE ART FESTIVAL HAS CONTROL OF. Parking may be available in other lots. Click HERE to view the map. Parking fees may apply, depending on where you park. Because the lots are private or city owned, the Lakeshore Art Festival has no control over how those lots are regulated or handled.
- Failure to adhere to any parking regulations will result in your vehicle being towed at your expense.
- Please join us for an artist reception on Saturday, June 25 from 6:15pm-8:00pm at The Block (360 W. Western Ave. 2nd floor, Muskegon MI 49440)
- Enjoy light appetizers and a cash bar, compliments of the West Michigan Symphony.
- Please click HERE to RSVP if you plan on attending.
- The fine art/fine craft juror will be on site Saturday, June 25. Winners will be announced and awards will be given out the same day. Award checks will be given out on Sunday, June 26, before the show closes.
- Prizes are as follows:
- $1,000 – First Place/Best in Show
- $800 – Second Place
- $600 – Third Place
- $400 – Honorable Mention
- $200 – Committee’s Choice
Keepin’ it Green! – Take Down/Clean Up
The Lakeshore Art Festival is leading the charge in trying to produce a zero-waste event. Because of this, here are a few important items to note:
- Clean up will begin at 4:15pm and must end by 7:00pm on Sunday, June 26.
- Exhibitors that begin cleaning up and attempting to leave prior to the show closing will not be eligible to participate in next year’s event. If you have an emergency, please contact a director at the Information Booth.
- Please leave your cardboard boxes next to any trash receptacle, so that we can dispose of them properly.
- Compost bins will be available in the food area on 3rd Street if you have organic matter that needs to be disposed of.
- A dumpster will be on location. Please utilize the dumpsters if you have a large amount of non-recyclable, non-compostable waste. Otherwise, you can use the trash cans provided throughout the event.
- All trash MUST be removed from your space(s) when the show ends Sunday, June 26. If your booth space is left with trash or has damage in any way, you will not be eligible to participate in next year’s event and may be fined.
Items Worth Noting:
- The Downtown Muskegon Social District provides common areas in the downtown in which alcoholic beverages from participating establishments can be carried and consumed. These areas overlap with the festival footprint. We are excited to announce that Hackley Park is part of the Social District this year! The Social District is regulated and approved by the City of Muskegon and the Michigan Liquor Control Commission. Click HERE to learn more.
- This year, the festival will host International Street Artist David Zinn. Zinn will create 8-10 pieces of chalk art throughout the Lakeshore Art Festival footprint. Can you find them all?
- Chalk-the-Walk with us on Saturday, June 25 from 4pm to 6pm! This is a free and family-friendly event on Western Avenue. For three blocks, the community is invited to pick up some chalk and color the pavement. Get creative!
- The Authors’ Alley will be back! Nearly 20 Michigan authors will be showcasing their original books.
- Festival brochures and post-event surveys will be completely digital this year. More information to come.
- We could not do this without our sponsors! Please be sure to visit our sponsor page HERE. If you see a sponsor, be sure to thank them for their support!
The Muskegon Area:
- For lodging, airfare, restaurant, and local event information, please click HERE. Unfortunately, there are not any hotel discounts for exhibitors this year.
- Please note that Muskegon is a growing city! There may be roads and buildings under construction. We will notify you of any major changes.
TELL YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CUSTOMERS!
- Make sure to tell everyone you know that you’ll be at the Lakeshore Art Festival on June 25 & 26!
- If you’re on social media, “like” our page and invite your friends to “like” our page, too! Click HERE to visit us on Facebook. Click HERE to visit us on Instagram. Make sure to tag us in your social media posts!
- If you’re not on social media, be sure to check out our website at lakeshoreartfestival.org.
We’re so excited that you are a part of the Lakeshore Art Festival. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (231)724-6705 or email Paula at email@example.com.
The Lakeshore Art Festival Team