Lakeshore Art Festival and Marketing Intern
Under the supervision of the Lakeshore Art Festival Event Director, the Intern will provide assistance in all event management areas as well as assist with general communications tasks including social media, marketing, and website management. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACADEMIC CREDIT & TIME COMMITMENT
This is an unpaid, part-time internship, but can be completed for academic credit. If the intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it will be the intern’s responsibility to make arrangements with his or her school. The Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce will provide the necessary job description and performance review upon request. Number of hours may vary based on internship. Number of expected hours will range from 10 to 20 hours per week. This internship will require the intern to be available on the festival dates.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO…
• Assist with event coordination including:
• Logistics, layout, timing, locations, etc.
• Street Performers for Lakeshore Art Festival
• Merchandise marketing, inventory, and coordination
• Assist with marketing including:
• Communications (i.e. press releases, mass emails, letters, etc.)
• Website management and updates
• Creation, editing, and proofing of event publications and signage
• Develop and maintain existing and emerging social media tools
• Research and place advertisements for print, radio, billboard and TV
• Work with local media
• Attend all meetings related to events
• Track all work progress
• Assist with sponsorship development
• Make and return phone calls
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Junior or senior level student in marketing, communications, event planning, hospitality or related field
• Computer skills appropriate to current technology of the office including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Adobe Suite design experience is a plus.
• Knowledge in social media platforms required (necessary platforms include Facebook and Twitter)
• Event planning experience preferred
• Multi-media background with skills in video editing and graphic design preferred
• Writing experience and communications and/or marketing experience preferred
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• High energy, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
• Excellent editing and proofreading skills
• Team-oriented individual
• Demonstrates the confidence to make decisions and asks questions when in doubt
• Demonstrates a pleasant, outgoing personality